The Guarini’s presence in the Romagna territory traces back to 1200.
At the beginning of 1800 the family moved the wine activity from their lands in Forlì to the rolling hills of Bertinoro that were more suitable to growing grapes.
The Guarini’s wine earned various recognitions during the Italian Expo held in Florence in 1861 as well as during the Universal Expo held in Paris in 1878, so earl Pietro Guarini decided to increase the overall wine production in Bertinoro.
During the 1950s earl Cosimo Fabri Guarini promoted innovations to the “Villa Norina” cellar.
He was also the first one to produce in purity an ancient wine grape variety that was growing in the family vineyards. A couple of years later, this wine called “Pagadebit”, obtained the D.O.C. recognition.